We are always excited to meet new patients and their families. When you arrive at our office for your consultation, you will be greeted by our receptionist, who will assist you with filling out the patient form. We encourage our patients to fill and print our online patient form, this expedites your consultation appointment. Once you have all the forms completed, you will be introduced to our clinical assistant, who will take a panoramic X-ray and diagnostic photographs of you or your child. Once all required diagnostic information has been obtained, you will than meet Dr. Nizam and she will address the following questions that covers the basics of orthodontic treatment. We encourage you to ask questions during your consultation.
- Is this a condition that orthodontics can address?
- Is treatment needed now or should treatment be delayed until appropriate growth, tooth eruption or other factors have occurred?
- What treatment procedures and appliances will be used to correct the problem?
- How long will treatment take?
- How much will it cost?
- What are the payment options?
This important 40-50 minute visit will give us insight into your orthodontic needs. At this stage, if you feel comfortable with the treatment options given to you, we will proceed with taking additional diagnostic records, such as impression of your teeth, cephalometric x-ray and additional pictures if required. If however, you feel that you need more time to think about the options or discuss with family members, we will gladly book you another diagnostic records appointment at a later more convenient date and time.
Preparation Prior to your First Appointment
For your convenience, we have New Patient Forms available to download on our website that you may fill out and have ready with you for your visit. You can also fax your forms to (403) 457-4300. If you have insurance coverage, it would be ideal to have your necessary paperwork ready with you, so we may assist you in receiving your benefits.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your first visit:
- Any panoramic X-ray taken within the past six months.
- If you have orthodontic insurance, bring your insurance card. By providing this information at the first visit, we will be able to give you the forms that you can submit to your insurance company.
As always, if you have any questions at all, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.